Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Pearly Easter Eggs

A Basket of Pretty!

These simple to make yet elegant Easter egg decorations are my Mom's crafty genius. She was flattered to be featured on my blog, apparently she doesn't know much about my blog or the fact that it's sadly lacking an audience...Anyway! I'm not really sure if I will ever reach my Mom's level of creative ingenuity but I'm working on it.



You'll Need-
  • Styrofoam eggs
  • Small plastic pearls by the yard (spool) in different colors
  • Craft glue (I used Aleene's )
  • Scissors
  • Patience!
Steps:
As you can probably tell in the pictures the process is pretty easy, but patience is key with this project!

1. Using your finger (or a sponge) spread a generous amount of craft glue on the top half of the Styrofoam
egg.

2. With the plastic pearls still on their spool unwind just enough to start the top half. Keeping the pearls on the spool makes it easier to wind the pearls around the egg. Starting at the very tip top of the egg begin coiling the pearls around and holding them to the egg to ensure they stick to the glue.

3. After you have the top half done cut the pearl strand and glue the end down to the egg. I recommend letting that half dry for a while before staring the bottom half. Then grab your other color of pearls and begin applying glue and pearls as in the last two steps. When you get to the bottom of the egg cut the strand from the spool and glue the end down.

4. Let these eggs dry at least overnight before displaying

Happy Easter everyone!

No comments: