I came up with the idea for this cute little fuzzy cupcake one day while rummaging through my large collection of pom-poms. For some reason I have a strange fascination with cute little furry things...this of course includes craft pom-poms, so I've acquired quite a few. Another thing I have a slight obsession with is cupcakes, so naturally bringing the two loves together you get a tiny, fuzzy cupcake!
Oh, and excuse my wrinkly sheet for the backdrop. Since I don't have the most sophisticated photography equipment I've been trying new things to enhance my pictures and I've found that a white background definitely helps...you should just make sure you IRON that white background first! :)
- A large pom-pom, for the cupcake
- A small red pom-pom, for the cherry
- A mini-cupcake baking cup (found with the regular baking cups at most stores)
- Craft glue (I use Aleene's)'
1. Put a dollop of glue at the bottom of the mini-cupcake baking cup.
2. Put the large pom-pom ( I picked a pink one) into the baking cup pressing it down into the glue. Let dry for a few minutes.
3. Using the craft glue again, glue the little red pom-pom (the cherry!) onto the top of the cupcake pom-pom, you might want to press it down for a few seconds until it holds on it's own. Let dry overnight.
4. Display your little cupcake or make a few to give away to friends or for party favors.