Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!

Craft supplies

I can remember when I was in grade school and first found out about Earth Day, I was the only one I knew of who celebrated it. It is so refreshing now days to see so many people celebrating and participating in Earth Day festivities! I have decided to challenge myself over the next couple of weeks to use nothing but "junk" for my craft projects, as seen above! I hope you too challenge yourself to start thinking twice before you throw things out!


I also thought I'd share some great upcycling projects I've found on the web. I in the mean time am still working on upcycling my Grandpa's bowling ball. I've been so darn busy lately my crafting has fallen behind.

Light bulb Vase


This awesome upcycling project is from the Cut Out + Keep craft forum. Using an old light bulb and turning it into a cute little vase!




Very Stealthy Hide-a-Key

This creative project comes from Zakka Life, a great blog I check regularly for nifty ideas. This hide-a-key is a unique way to use all those old pill bottles or vitamin bottles instead of just throwing them into the land fills.

Happy Earth Day everyone!

No comments: