Sunday, November 9, 2008

Birthday Girl barrettes!


I thought it was time that I did a children's craft project. So here is the how-to for super cute birthday balloon barrettes that would be so sweet to give to a little girl on her birthday!..or a big girl :) This project really is quite simple and very hard to mess up. I know it's not the best picture in the world but you get the idea, I hope!

You'll need:
- latex balloons in whatever colors you want
-ribbon in your choice of color
- thin gage floral wire
-plain hair clips or barrettes
-craft scissor or wire cutters






Instructions are pretty simple. Using the floral wire, secure the ribbon and balloons to the barrette, making sure that the clip part of the barrette still opens and closes without any obstruction. Make sure as well that all the ends of the wire are tucked into the top part so they don't poke people in the head. You can also put some no fray on the end of the ribbons if you want.

Hopefully my first foray into children's crafts was not too bad! I'd like to thank my lovely Mom for this cute idea.

No comments: