I am an avid bird feeder during the winter, I love my feathered friends and always try to provide them with a meal and a drink during this miserable time of year, can you tell I hate winter? :) There are a lot of projects floating around cyber-space right now for cutesy bird seed ornaments, bird houses made of bird seed, etc., and as awesome as all those projects are, I just wanted something simple I could throw together for the birds in less than half an hour. This project is so easy even kids can do it! So here it is-
- Bird seed(small seed works best)
- Peanut Butter
- Bread(stale works best for this)
- Screwdriver, knife, awl- simply something to make a hole with.
- Ribbon, twine, old shoelace
3. Take a handful of bird seed and sprinkle it on the layer of peanut butter.
4. Press the seed into the Peanut Butter to ensure it sticks.
5. Thread your ribbon or twine, through the hole you made earlier, use your hole making tool to help thread it through, if you need it.
6.After threading the ribbon through let this sit somewhere dry overnight before hanging outside to give the peanut butter time to firm up so it holds the bird seed better.
7. Hang one or more in a tree or a bush by slipping the ribbon over a branch and tying a knot at the top. Watch the birds devour their treat! Squirrels will love it too :)