- Orange Fabric, I used an orange lightweight fleece.
- Sewing supplies-Needles, thread, scissors, etc.
- Thick twigs or sticks
- Using a template if you want, like a lid, or a circle cut out of newspaper, cut out a circle from your orange fabric.
- After you have your fabric circle cut out, use a simple running stitch to gather the edges and start forming your pumpkin.
- After gathering the top of your pumpkin, fill most of the way with rice before you start to close it up. I used rice instead of fiber fill to give it a less "plush" look, and so these guys would set nicely on their bottoms. Fill pumpkin to your desired amount, more rice=plumper pumpkin, just remember to leave room for your stick "stem".
- Insert the twig in the center of your pumpkin, gathering the fabric around it. Then using a glue gun, or fabric glue, run some glue around the stick where the fabric will meet it, just to make sure it stays in place.
- Finish by tightly gathering the fabric the rest of the way around the stem, pull tight, holding fabric to glue for a few minutes. Then cut the thread and tie your knot!
- Use your pumpkin for a pincushion or decoration. Make more than one, in a few different sizes, as pictured below for Thanksgiving, or also cute for Halloween!