Thursday, January 15, 2009

Easy cat toy


This is an idea for a simple yet very effective cat toy. How do I know it's effective ? Because I have tried it out on my very own kitties Isabelle and Atticus, and trust me they love it, and they didn't care one bit that it was cheap and easy to make.

You'll Need:
-a sock
-loose cat nip (it comes in small and large containers at any pet supply store)
-a spoon
-a bell (optional)

Find an old sock, maybe one that has lost it's mate in the laundry room, (make sure it doesn't have holes in it though, otherwise this could get very messy), using a tablespoon spoon a about two or three tablespoons of cat nip into the sock. You can put in a jingle bell as well if your cat likes bells ( I know mine do). Then just simply tie a knot at the top of the sock, secure enough that it won't open up with a bit of playing. You can stitch it shut if you wish but I leave mine knotted so that I can add some fresh cat nip about once every couple of months!

1 comment:

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

I'd make one, but His Royal Highness considers catnip beneath his station!